We are grateful to Allah SWT the Almighty for His blessings in the establishment of International office of IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo (International Office) The International Office (International Office) is established by the Decree of the Rector of IAIN Sultan Amai No. 77 of 2019 on “Establishment of Organizational Structure of International Office of IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo”.
VISION, MISSION & PROGRAMS OF INTERNATIONAL OFFICE OF IAIN SULTAN AMAI
In accordance with the Decree of the Rector of IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo No. 302/In.2 /VM.02/2019, the Vision and Mission of the Sultan Amai IAIN are:
"Becoming an Excellent University in the Study of Islam, Science, Culture and National and Global Competitiveness".
To realize the vision, IAIN Sultan Amai has cordially set up the mission as follows:
1. Organizing the education process so that students become human beings with academic and or professional abilities, are qualified, and have the spirit and entrepreneurial ability.
2. To develop and disseminate the knowledge of Islamic religion, science and humanities as well as to strive to improve the lives of the people and enrich the national culture.
International Office, therefore, becomes a vital component to support optimization of cooperation at IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo. IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo one of Islamic higher education institution; thus, the International Office is a supporting component in the establishment of IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo as the centre of Islamic studies and culture.
Listed are work plan of Internal Office IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo for the Period of 2019 – 2020 to support the IAIN Sultan Amai’s Vision and Missions toward the process of internationalization of IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo:
- Increase the quality of governance, development, and implementation of international programs;
- Intensify the promotion of IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo internationally;
- Increase awareness and number of civitas academics of IAIN Sultan Amai’s participation in the internationalization of the institution;
- Increase cooperation program with international institutions in education, research, and community outreach globally;
- Increase the number of international students at IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo.
- Internationalization of IAIN Sultan Amai
- Development of cooperations and linkages with international organizations/international educational institutions and participate in their activities
- Increase the language competencies of the lecturers, both in Arabic and English (Homestay, TOAFL; TOEFL, IELTS, Academic English and Arab – Bahtsul Lughah)
- SES - Germany at IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo covering four faculties + 1 postgraduate program (15 departments and two program studies)
- Increasing the number of overseas cooperation and partnership in Higher Education Services
- Publish the prospectus of IAIN in Arabic and English
- Initiate and Coordinate Academic Visits of IAIN’s Lecturers’ abroad and foreign experts and academics to IAIN
- Coordinate the visits of Rector and Civitas Academic of IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo abroad to participate in international conferences, comparative study, and MOU signing and implementation
- Coordinate visiting scholars from abroad
- Distribute international scholarship information at IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo
- Assist in the implementation of visiting lecture, workshop/international seminars
- Increase the capacity of IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo’s lecturers through collaborative research, joint supervision, advance study, and post-doctoral study.
- Initiate Foreign Students’ Visit to IAIN Sultan Amai
- Assist in the production of educational promotion materials for IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo both in Arabic and English
- Increase utilization of campus’ website for promotion
- Participate in international education exhibitions
- Collaborate with international education agents in attracting international students to IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo
- Dissemination of international students' enrolment in IAIN Sultan Amai in 2023
- Assist in the implementation of Short Course (internship) program for students of IAIN Sultan Amai Gorontalo to countries such as Australia, United Arab Emirate, Saudi Arabia, UK and Europe
- Assist the institution in obtaining Arabic and English tutors from foreign embassies in Indonesia such as from RELO program of American Embassy, Australian Embassy, UK Embassy, United Arab Emirate, Egyptian Embassy, and Saudi Arabian Embassy.
- Assist the Acceleration to State University Status Taskforce.